Blessings on a Monday Morning

This morning before backing out of our garage, I looked behind me as I always do.

But for some reason, I was distracted...or tired...or something.

Mike had jury duty (or as they call it now, "jury service) today, and my mom was watching the boys for us. He does the usual morning routine when he's here. I had a busy day ahead of me at work. I must not have been very focused.

As I backed out into the street, I heard a sickening "CRUNCH!"

After emitting an expletive starting with S, I got out of my car and went out to apologize profusely.

The woman, who apparently lived down the street, was very sweet about it...no doubt made easier by the fact that there appeared to be no damage to either car. Both Subarus...perhaps they were well matched (one not being bigger than the other). She even gave me a half-hug!

It shook me up, to be sure, but I had forgotten about it a few hours later. I even forgot to mention it when I checked in with my mom later, and almost forgot to mention it to Mike (who fortunately did not get put on a jury!).

But I don't want to forget. It was a wonderful gift, an unexpected blessing...telling me to slow down, take a deep breath, and stop hurrying through my life.

Comments

  1. What a great blessing on a Monday morning. Sometimes we need a "slap in the face" or a bump to the bumper to wake up and start enjoying life more. Check out my "Awe-Summm!!!" post - I passed something on to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment