Elizabeth Gilbert on Nurturing Creativity

I've discovered that Eat Pray Love is a book that can provoke extreme emotions. Many people found Elizabeth Gilbert to be a self-indulgent, narcissistic whiner. I enjoyed the book, mostly because of my own memories of traveling in Indonesia and India (and my desire to visit Italy!).

Even if you hated Eat Pray Love, you might be interested in this video of Elizabeth Gilbert speaking on creativity. She speaks of how people feel her career is doomed now, since she's already had her major success...bemoans the way we do not nurture creativity in our society...and encourages us to nurture the "divine cockeyed genius" in each one of us.




TED is a great site with videos of wise people postulating on a variety of topics. I'd never heard of it before my wise friend Catherine sent me a video about crows (after I had complained on Facebook about being harassed by a crow in our backyard!).

Comments