The Tales of Bobidou


Said to me by 3-year-old Nicholas this morning, as he was cuddling with me in bed:
"Mama, let's tell a story about Bobidou." (Bobidou--not quite sure how to spell that--is Nick's made-up word...which I believe is a noun, although I'm not really positive about that...)

Said I, "Okay--you start."

Said he: "I met Bobidou at the mall. He is a house elf.

He splashed in the puddles...and ran into a rainbow."

"Oh," I said..."is that so?"

"Then he turned into a monkey. Ooh-ooh, aah-aah.

And then he turned into a porcupine. Grandma and Grandpa have a porcupine. That's the end of the story, Mama. Now you can sing some Bobidou songs."

Saved by the opening of the door and Daddy entering the room, at which Nick jumped out of bed to accompany Kieran and Mike to the bus stop. I know I missed a few details here--I didn't have a pen and paper to hand in bed. Next time I will try to be a better transcriptionist!

Know any Bobidou songs, anyone?

Comments