My funny kids

Coffee and tunnels:
Tuesday Kieran arrived home from school and announced that (1) he needed some coffee, and (2) he planned to dig a tunnel in the yard.

Isn't that sweet?
The other day after I went off to work, Nick was moping around saying that he missed me. Mike asked him where I had gone.

"She went to work," said Nick.
"That's so sweet," Mike said.
"Going to work is NOT sweet!" responded Nick.

Indigo Grownups:
In the car last night, the Indigo Girls' song "Closer to Fine" came on KINK FM. I commented how much I like the Indigo Girls, and reminded the kids that we had heard them in concert last year.

Kieran asked me why they were called GIRLS, and why weren't they the "Indigo Grownups"?

I told them that sometimes women call themselves girls, even though they are grown up. ("Indigo Women" just doesn't have the same ring to it...)

His comment? "Well, that's stupid!"
Right on, young man.

Comments