Congratulations Jane Lynch and Lara Embry, new brides!

As a long, devoted fan of the Christopher Guest movies, I have always been a Jane Lynch fan. She was great in two of my favorites, "Best in Show" and "A Mighty Wind." I've always enjoyed her performances in "Julie and Julia" and "The Forty-Year Virgin." And then there's Glee.

I watch Glee on the internet, so I'm always a bit behind. But if you have not yet seen Glee, you need to watch it. Last night I was catching up on past episodes and caught the one when Sue Sylvester's video of her dancing to "Let's Get Physical" went viral on youtube...and then Olivia Newton John asked her to remake the video with her. I loved Olivia Newton John as a young girl, so this turn in the plot delighted me! Sue Sylvester is the villain in the show; however, the person she loves most in the world is her sister with Down's syndrome.



Lynch is in the news today because she recently married her girlfriend, Lara Embry. She speaks about the joy of motherhood at the age of almost 50, and how much fun it has been getting to know Embry's daughter, Haden, age 8. I saw a story recently about an upcoming movie about a lesbian family whose children decide to seek out their sperm donor father.

The more stories we see about families with gay parents, the easier it will be for some people to understand...that is love that makes a family, not genitals.

Comments

  1. Wonderful post, Marie! Glee is pretty much made by the delightfully evil Sue Sylvester! And the movie? "The Kids Are Alright" starring Julianne Moore and Annette Bening and Mark Ruffalo - all reports are that it is a must see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! Yes--that's it! Can't remember where I read about it, but I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment