Hug your children, even when they annoy or frustrate you...

I just read this great opinion piece on the OregonLive web site--by columnist Anna Griffin--reminding the rest of us to hug our children and not take them for granted in light of the recent disappearance of Kyron Horman.

I've felt this so many times before...when friends of mine have experienced the death of their children or other loved ones...or when I experienced my own infertility struggles and the crisis of my oldest son being born at 24 weeks...but I can't be reminded enough.

Last night I blogged about my current obsession and worry about this case, and then I had a horrible nightmare about one of my children dying. Clearly, it's made quite an impression on me.

Parenting is hard work. It shouldn't be taken lightly. It's normal to feel under stress or frustrated with your children at times.

But just think of what the alternative could be. Now we have a stark reminder of that.

Comments