Stickler

Today is the last day of the detox Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. Tomorrow, we can begin gradually easing back these foods into our lives:
  • Whole grains and basmati rice
  • Fruit
  • Certain veggies off limits in Phase 1
  • Wine or beer
  • Dark chocolate (on occasion)
  • Sugar (rarely)
It has certainly been easier tackling this program with Mike as my partner instead of going it alone. It's also been nice to have so many fresh veggies in season.

But the hardest thing for me? No fresh seasonal berries--for two weeks!

Today I ventured a thought that I might feast on some berries this evening to end Phase 1, and Mike looked HORRIFIED!!! End Phase 1 just a tad early? Never.

I knew he would think worse of me if I caved, so I'm being a good girl. Cheating on berries? Sheesh!

I can't wait until tomorrow. Strawberries for breakfast!!

Comments