Affirmation of the day: "I love and approve of myself"

I'm wearing purple today in honor of all the teens who have been bullied because of their sexual orientation.

Tyler Clementi
So this affirmation is in honor of those who are bullied:

"I appreciate all that I do. I am good enough just as I am. I speak up for myself. I ask for what I want. I claim my power."*


As I was taught at Lutheran summer camp as a kid, "God don't make no junk." (Can you believe I'm quoting in bad grammar on my blog???) Even though it's a double negative, the intention is good. 
 
It's true, though--no exceptions. Period. If you are reading this blog post, know that you are an exceptional human being. You have a purpose in the world.
 
Be waterproof rather than impervious (try not to take things as personal slights--try to let them fall off your back as if you were teflon). Do not allow others to have power over your feelings or your attitude. Be yourself and claim your power!
 
You are phenomenal, and the world needs you!

*From Power Thought Cards by Louise L. Hay


Comments