The wonderful sound of my husband giggling

Masterpiece Classic: Downton AbbeyWhile my mother-in-law was visiting, she recommended the mini-series "Downton Abbey," which is being shown on PBS Masterpiece Theater. We missed the first episode, but Mike watched it online one evening while I was doing some work. I could hear him chuckling and guffawing from the next room.

Sunday night we watched the second episode together. I am loving the regal Maggie Smith (aka Professor McGonagall) as the stuffy, snobby mother-in-law/dowager from hell. Mike takes great enjoyment in observing all the scheming that goes on upstairs and downstairs in this great mansion in Yorkshire. Honestly, though, the best part for me about watching this period drama is hearing Mike chuckling and giggling. This snobbery (and scheming) tickles his funny bone.

The Milagro Beanfield WarWhenever Mike laughs at a film, I'm reminded of watching "The Milagro Beanfield War" with him in Japan! All I remember is an enormous hog in a field...that made Mike laugh so hard his face turned red. I think we need to watch that movie again.

Comments