Celebrating four decades in the life of a friend!

This week my friend and coworker Amy came to visit Portland. (She used to live here but now she lives in Boise.) I still work frequently with Amy and talk to and e-mail her often, but it's not the same thing as having her here in person.

She turned 40 on January 1, so we went out last night to Mother's to celebrate!

Tina and Amy with their fancy drinks

Amy and me

Amy with the silly gifts I got her
She loves the idea of high-heeled shoes (even though she doesn't wear them on a daily basis), so I'm always on the lookout for shoe-themed gifts. The small square thing is a silver bank that says "shoe fund" on it, and the blue item next to it is a blue gemstone wine stopper (she also loves "bling"!).

We had a very fun dinner...and did talk about a few things beyond work. :)

Comments