A marriage to emulate: Happy 50th anniversary, Mom and Dad!

My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday, July 9th. We had a wonderful celebration with family members and some of their new and old friends. We had lovely food and music (jazz piano and drums), and speeches by their immediate family members (even one by their grandchildren)...and a very handsome and charming emcee (I'm married to him).

Nadine was responsible for the gorgeous decorations. I prepared a slide show with a retrospective of their 50 years together:





Mike and me with my cousin Tim and his wife Ginger


David's speech


Mike speaking
 I've posted my speech in a separate blog post.

Cutting the gorgeous cake (banana and carrot)


Mom and Dad with two of Dad's brothers and their wives


With my brother and sister
 Posing for photos after the party:


Ryan and Nick


Ryan and Kieran


Sibling shot


Family

The lovely couple


With the wild grandchildren


Well, my kids are wild anyway...


Adults
 The boys borrowed the camera to take photos up in the trees--I think they did an excellent job!

Climbing trees--Daniel


Kieran


Ryan
 It was a wonderful celebration!

Comments