What I read in June

Click titles to read my full reviews.

House Rules by Jodi Picoult, 4 stars
House Rules: A NovelA boy with Asperger's ends up being accused of murder. My blog post attracted comments from a woman with autism herself, who was less enchanted with the book.

Bossypants by Tina Fey, 3.5 stars
BossypantsI didn't even notice that on the cover, Tina Fey has ginormous MAN hands (until I was reading the book). Part memoir, part show biz story, nearly all funny.

Attack of the Theater People, by Marc Acito, 3 stars
Attack of the Theater PeopleSequel to How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship, and Musical Theater, and I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. But still funny.

The Male Factor: The Unwritten Rules, Misperceptions, and Secret Beliefs of Men in the Workplace, by Shaunti Feldhahn,
4 stars


The Male Factor: The Unwritten Rules, Misperceptions, and Secret Beliefs of Men in the WorkplaceAuthor Feldhahn and her team interviewed and analyzed the data from 3,000 men who shared their beliefs about women in the workplace. Interesting read.

The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant, 5 stars

The Red Tent: A NovelI reread this book in June, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. This book is much more alive for me than the bible. Yes, I know it is not the truth...but neither is the bible. (Yes I'm a Christian, but I do not take the bible as FACT.)

Comments