Another day, another year

On October 6, I edged closer to the big 5-0. Any feelings of depression were quickly brushed away, though, since Steve Jobs died the day before at such a young age. You know what they say about aging...it's better than the alternative.

I celebrated my birthday by taking the day off work (mostly). I took a walk to have a leisurely lunch with a dear friend (one of my favorite spare time activities!), and then wandered through Multnomah Village browsing. We had an early dinner at Marco's, where I knew it was my lucky day because for my free dessert I got to have a pear-raspberry crisp (my two favorite fruits). Then we were off to back-to-school night at Kieran's school. (I told Mike I'd much rather have dinner at Marco's than attend the "picnic" beforehand at the school!) This was the only photo I took at the back-to-school night:

Kieran with his teacher and friend
(who he is trying to push out of the photo!)
Kieran's enjoying third grade, especially because his teacher just concluded her very popular "pirate curriculum."

On Friday my parents took the kids for the evening and we had some friends over for dinner. As much as I treasure my children, one of my very favorite things to do is to have adult dinners with stimulating, fun company!

Flying on Daddy's shoulders

Kieran at the market
Today we went to the farmers market in the morning.

In the afternoon, these lovely flowers arrived from Mike's sister in Cambridge:

And after we took Chris to pick up his wrist corsage for homecoming (and take him to dinner before the dance), we went to my parents' house to celebrate my birthday and my sister's (later in October). Stay tuned for Homecoming photos!

Birthday cake

Brother and sister


Birthday sisters

Uncle Stephen with the boys

Siblings


One of the nice things about having a birthday in the Facebook age is that you get all sorts of birthday greetings on your birthday. That's fun!

All in all, it was a nice birthday!

Comments