Chris' first formal dance

Chris went to his first formal dance last night. When I was in ninth grade, I was still in junior high and formal dances were certainly not a part of my social life.

I have to hand it to Chris--he is not shy about asking girls out. He's been enjoying the opportunity to form friendships and potential romantic attachments with girls at school.

Picking up the wrist corsage

Getting ready to go

The cool look

Okay Mom--I'll smile...
One of the families of his friends hosted a dinner for 14 kids yesterday evening. It was so sweet of them to do that, and it made the whole experience less intimidating for the ninth graders. Some of the girls went solo, too, which made it easier.
Greeting friends (tall girls in heels) at the dinner

Chris with the tall girls


The whole crew


The girls (Chris' date is the one in purple second from the right)

The boys

Thomas Edison kids

The silly shot

Dinner


He reported that he had a GREAT time, and I suspect this will be the first of many dances he attends.

Comments