One more reason to like George Clooney...

In addition to his looks and politics, that is!

He's responded to lingering rumors about his sexuality (which I hadn't actually heard!), enhanced by his open support for gay marriage, by standing up for what he believes in and not shying away:
"I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, 'These are lies!' That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community," Clooney said. "I'm not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it. Who does it hurt if someone thinks I'm gay? I'll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don't give a sh*t."

It's not often that a man talks lovingly about another male friend and be brave enough to stand up and say "who does it hurt if someone thinks I'm gay?" When asked about his "bromance" with friend Brad Pitt, he responded:

"[Laughs] I do think we’ve set the bar very high. People think Brad and I hang out all the time, but the truth is that we see each other very rarely, maybe a couple times a year. I’ve had great fun spending time with my friend again over the awards season. Not only do I enjoy him as a person and respect his talent, but I also love what he does in the world. I can’t speak highly enough about how hard he works at making the world better. I’m very proud to call him my friend."

I need to catch up on my George Clooney movies...still haven't seen "The Ides of March" or "The Descendants"!!

Comments