One term more!

Feeling worried about the election or the news that rice has high levels of arsenic in it (we eat a lot of rice in our family, especially brown rice!) or that the arctic ice is melting at an alarming rate? That last piece of news makes me extremely worried about what kind of earth we are leaving for our children, and what will happen in developing countries that are prone to typhoons and flooding? It's very depressing and scary. Even though I wish Obama could do more (I was happy to learn about the new rules about gas economy), I shudder to think what will happen to the environment if Romney were to win the election and the Repubs were in power again.

Feeling down in the dumps, I was so glad that a Facebook friend posted this video this morning. Created by a man nameDon DeMesquita, "One Term More" is political parody at its finest. He got a bunch of Broadway stars and musical theater performers together to produce this video, criticizing Mitt Romney and the Republicans and demanding that we give Barack Obama one more term. DeMesquita has penned a letter to explain the video here.

I have huge fondness for Les Miserables, ever since my college friend sent the soundtrack to me on cassette tape when I was living in Japan...and then we saw fantastic productions in London and at Jesuit High School.  Can't wait to show this to my other Les Miz lover, Kieran!

If you are an Obama supporter, this video will put a smile on your face! 


One Term More - With Subtitles from One Term More on Vimeo.

Comments