2013 Road Trip Adventure: Fun times hanging out

This is my final blog post about our road trip to the Bay Area in August. The last one I wrote was about viewing the bay by water. Previously I wrote about camping and driving, wandering, and three museums in three days. The high point of our week staying in Santa Rosa was spending time with my sister and her family. Our boys are so lucky to have cousins they love and enjoy spending time with.

My musically talented nephew Daniel brought his ukulele and I brought my mandolin,
but sadly the first night together was the only time
we made music (singing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz)

Headed into the city on Caltrain

My sweet nephews
 
Best buddies after riding on a cable car
 (Kieran and I were the only ones who hung off the side--
we are cable car freaks!)

The oldest cousin!

With my wonderful sister
Nicholas with his cousins at the restaurant in Monterey
On our final day together in the city, we celebrated Chris' 17th birthday by going on the bay cruise, wandering around Pier 39, and having dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Sharing music on Caltrain with my birthday boy

Clowning around outside the Hard Rock Cafe
 
17!

Pier 39 with Nadine
It's truly hard to believe that my little one-pound, six-ouncer is 17 now! He is such a fun, loving teenager. We are truly fortunate!
Birthday dinner

I think Chris had a little crush on our waitress (from eastern Europe)

After dinner


One final photo from our vacation--this was early in the week, but it's one of my faves
Such a fun week in San Francisco. Now I need to start planning our next vacation! I live for vacations.

Comments